10 Tips for Going Green at KSU
RIM and Sustainability: Natural Partners
10 Tips for Reducing, Reusing and Conserving
1. Implement a records retention program (reduces total number of records; reduces record storage costs).
2. Think before you print! If you must print, use recycled paper; print on the other side of discard prints; set your printer to "draft" mode to save ink.
3. Be an advocate for "going paperless." Suggest ways to improve processes to reduce excess paper use.
4. Keep a recycle bin in your office.
5. If your building or department does not seem to be recycling, speak up!
6. Only send records to off-site storage that absolutely must be kept (consult the BOR Record Retention Guidelines).
7. Use the AIM shred bins ONLY for confidential documents (reduces energy consumption by AIM for servicing the bins).
8. Know who the Record Copy holder is for the records you keep (reduces record duplication).
9. Turn off your computer power-strip each evening.
Want more information? Check out Sustainability at KSU.
Archives, Rare Books, & Records Management
Department of Museums, Archives & Rare Books
Sturgis Library 212-226, Building 17
1000 Chastain Road
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Phone: (770) 423-6289
Fax: (678) 797-2586
Hours: 9 - 5 pm,
Monday - Friday.
Please call (770) 423-6289 to make an appointment to visit the Archives and the Bentley Rare Book Gallery.