Assistance League of Atlanta

Lucy Smith (L) and Ingrid Jarvis (R) of ALA with scholarship recipients Caitlin Roland, Alexis Rudell, and Claire Kegley at the 2012 Scholarship Luncheon.

Over the past decade, Assistance League of Atlanta has awarded funds to forty-six KSU students.  Their annual scholarship benefits students who have demonstrated financial need and are committed to community service and volunteerism.

“[Assistance League of Atlanta] has helped me to put my focus on school instead of worrying about how I am going to pay off my student loans,” says 2012 scholarship recipient Caitlin Roland.  “ALA is truly a blessing and I so thankful that you chose me to receive your scholarship.”

Assistance League of Atlanta is an all-volunteer nonprofit organization that offers assistance to children and adults in need in the metro Atlanta area.  They own and oversee the Attic Treasures Thrift Shop in Chamblee, from which all proceeds go toward funding their programs. Their commitment to education and philanthropy has benefited over 50,000 children and adults.  Details about their mission and programs can be found at AssistanceLeagueATL.com.