Hiring a New Employee
Employment Services provides professional support services to assist you in recruiting and hiring candidates for your vacant positions. This web page is designed to provide you with everything you will need to conduct a successful job search from budgets and advertising, to making the employment offer and new hire orientation.
- Online Employment at KSU
- New Positions or Reclassifications
- Position Management
- Pre-Screening Process
- Applications & Resumes
- Reference Checks
- Pre-Employment Requirements
- On or Before the 1st Day of Employment
- Hiring Managers log on to the online employment system and electronically submit a completed Position Requisition for all continuing and temporary staff position requests.
- Once the request has been routed through proper divisional and budgetary approvals, HR's compensation staff will analyze and review the requisition to determine the appropriate classification level of the position.
- Upon confirmation of the job duties, classification level, position number, title, and pay band the requisition will be forwarded to your HR Partner for posting and employment support. No recruitment may commence without a completed and approved requisition.
- KSU Jobs Listing
All regular and temporary staff positions are posted on the university's web site. Both internal and external applicants apply through the on-line application system.
- External Advertising
To enhance and diversify the applicant pool it may be necessary to advertise beyond the university web site. Advertising options include print ads, internet postings, professional list serves, and non profit organizations.
The university is committed to and facilitates a diverse work place with recruitment which may include advertising in publications with a minority focus, providing local organizations with university job information, and networking with various on campus and off campus individuals and groups.
- Criminal Background Check
- Motor Vehicle Reporting, Consumer Credit Check and Pre-Employment Drug Test for certain positions
- Appropriate I-9 documentation must be provided to HR within 72 hours of the start of work
- Completion of the State Loyalty Oath
- Employee completes New Hire forms (tax forms, I-9, Direct Deposit, CJIS) by attending an orientation session at HR. The employee should call HR at 770.423.6030 to schedule an orientation.
- The new employee orientation is designed to provide new hires (faculty, staff, regular, temporary, student) with the information and documentation necessary to work at the university and to be paid. Failure to attend orientation and to complete all require documents will result in no paycheck and possible termination of employment.
- Benefits eligible new hires will have the opportunity learn about and enroll in the various benefit plans, some of which are time sensitive with enrollment deadlines.
- Hiring Managers will need to orient the new employee to their department and to provide training and support as well as assist them with obtaining the appropriate campus access.
- Careers at KSU