Leave of Absence and FMLA
Any time an employee will be away from work for an extended period of time (more than 5 days), he/she must request and be approved by HR for a Leave of Absence from the University.
Faculty Leave of Absence requests must also be approved by the President.
Types of LeaveTyTyT
- for the birth and care of a newborn child of the employee;
- for placement with the employee of a son or daughter for adoption or foster care;
- to care for a spouse, son, daughter, or parent with a serious health condition;
- to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition;
- for qualifying exigencies arising out of the fact that the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent is on active duty or call to active duty status as a member of the National Guard or Reserves in support of a contingency operation.
- or up to 26 weeks for an eligible employee who is a family member of a “covered servicemember” with a “serious injury or illness”.
- Careers at KSU
BENEFITS Quick Links: